- 1. What is Star Movies Play?
Star Movies Play is an innovative, value added service Star Movies offers at no additional cost to its premium package subscribers, giving them the opportunity to enjoy the best in Chinese entertainment.
- 2. What devices will Star Movies Play work on?
Star Movies Play will initially work on internet connected personal computers and android devices and soon to be on IOS devices.
- 3. Is Star Movies Play a pay or subscription service?
No. It is a value added, on-demand service that allows you watch the best of Star Movies content on many broadband connected devices
- 4. What do I need to access Star Movies Play
You first must be a subscriber to the Star Movies Play package (Check with your pay TV Operator on details of getting Star Movies).
Once you select the content you want to watch, Star Movies will prompt you to enter the e-mail and password provided by your pay TV Operator (most likely the same password the Operator provided to log into their web site).
- 5. Do I need to install any special programs to connect to FOX Movies Play?
Reqirements PC Mac Processor speed Single Core CPU @ 2.4GHz or Dual Core CPU 1.5 Ghz Memory 512 MB RAM (minimum of 256 MB) 512 MB RAM Video memory 128 MB RAM Operating System Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux OS X 10.4+ Reccommended browsers Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4, Chrome 3 Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 3 Flash Player Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Screen resolution 1024x768 or higher, 32-bit color 1024x768 or higher, 32-bit color Suggested connection speed 3 MB 3 MB
- 6. What security features does Star Movies Play have?
- Only one login/password per subscription household is allowed
- One session per user is allowed at the same time
- Once logged in, each session lasts a maximum of 24 hours
- Content protection is included to prevent unauthorized usage
- Content is hosted and streamed by Akamai to ensure the best viewing experience possible
- Content can only be viewed within the territory where the content is licensed
- 8. Is Star Movies Play's image quality similar to the TV?
Yes, and the player automatically adjusts to the fastest broadband connection speed possible. The player is designed such that it plays smoothly without buffering, and allows the viewer to pause, fast forward, rewind, view in full screen mode, and also remembers where you left off to finish viewing a title in another session
All audio-visual material is hosted and distributed through Akamai network, leading company on Internet video transmission. This allows Fox Movies to maximize the availability of its content, and make sure it will be efficiently and quickly delivered to users.
- 9. How long will content be available on Star Movies Play?
Content will first premiere on-air on Star Movies and then will be made available on Star Movies Play after air date. Content will be available from 7 - 21 days depending on the license period of the content and/or viewer interest.
- 10. What can I do to improve my experience on Star Movies Play?
Star Movies Play is designed to provide the best possible viewing experience, and will automatically detect and adjust to the fast broadband connection possible.
You can also do the following to maximize your Star Movies Play experience:
- Close other applications on your PC while watching content
- Use a wired connection if possible
- Use during times of lower Internet demand/usage